2 cups of corn starch
3 drops of green food coloring
enough water to make a thick mixture (about the texture of pancake batter)
I usually measure equal amounts of water and corn starch, but mix water in
Mix all ingredients together. This makes a fun mixture to play with
textures. Use different utensils, such as a spatula, bowl, and funnels, to
see what form the mixture will take.
Some other fun things to observe about OOBLECK:
- Oobleck is a solid and a liquid at the same time.
- If you make a ball and throw it up in the air, it loses shape and
becomes flat in the air.
- Oobleck can be molded in a container and when taken out does not
- If you fill a balloon with 0obleck, the air presses or forces the
Oobleck back out.
- When you leave Oobleck in the sun, the color evaporates, it turns
hard like cement on the top and like jelly on the bottom. When heated
this also happens and it is sticky.
- Oobleck does not bounce.